Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On the Mat

Somehow, somewhere, some time, I fell of the mat.  A couple of years ago I practiced yoga twice a week and had done so for a couple years.  Then one day it suddenly happened.  I stopped.  Just like that. 

I am happy to announce that I making the steps to get back on the mat with the help of this lovely yoga studio, The Mellow Monkey Yoga Studio.  They are less than a mile from my house and seriously, don't you just love the name.  As I worked through the teacher's poises tonight I felt my body working to snap back into place and find its center, but I definitely found my edge.  



As part of my refocusing on my body's needs I am looking forward to my very first acupuncture appointment tomorrow and the realignment of my body in every way.  Wish me luck and strong meridians.

On another note, because I really need to share, I just finished the most amazing book.  I whole-heartedly recommend it.  The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein has become one of my favorites.  Don't hesitate to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment