Wednesday, May 19, 2010

American Craft Beer Week

Well, there is not much around these parts going on to celebrate American Craft Beer Week so I decided to make my own mini-celebration after stopping by opening night of my neighborhood's farmer's market.  I made a homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza on a wheat crust and am drinking Twin Stag Scottish Ale by Yakima Brewing Company.  I decided to pop this baby open tonight because my Beer and Fiber Swap buddy received her package today and this was one of the brews I shared with her! 


For the crust on my pizza I use a french bread recipe and use half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour.  While Mark had the grill going for our steaks last night I added on a couple chicken breasts and some big slices of purple onion.  Then today I spread the dough out on the pan, added our favorite BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays), the grilled chicken, grilled onion, mushrooms, and some cheddar cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees until toasty brown and there you have it. 

I hope you are enjoying your American Craft Beer Week as much (if not more) than I.  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment