Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Fruits of Our Labor

I love getting goodies out of the garden!  There is nothing like a garden fresh tomato just bursting with juicy goodness.  This is my most recent harvest, all washed, scrubbed, or snapped and ready to be enjoyed.  Three kinds of tomatoes: Super Sweet 100 Cherry, Early Girl, and Roma.  My Tangerine tomato plant is playing hard to get, but I am sure she will share her bounty soon since she has dressed herself nicely in tiny yellow blossoms that are full of promises.  You also see two tomatillos who are destined to join their brothers that I picked a couple days before and have been chilling in the frig.  They are all getting rather excited to become a salsa verde sauce.  Mark is eager to have the carrots join him for lunch at work. And the snappy Blue Lakes Bush beans are being tempted by some onions and chopped bacon to join in the fun in the jacuzzi on the stove. 

No comments:

Post a Comment