Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Land of Retirement

Ruthalicious is off on a journey to the mysterious Land of Retirement. Celebrating her many years at North Idaho College has made me wonder what it must feel like to be on the brink of retirement. How does it feel to no longer have to wake up at a certain time? To no longer have to choose your clothes based on your job. To no longer have to take crap from crabby people and to be able to tell those same people exactly what you think. To have the freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. No mandatory meetings, no deadlines, no paperwork, no reports. Having a hard time imagining it? Yeah, me too.  While I dream of a land of free time and glorious projects of my choice I will miss Ruth's cute giggle and her nummy taco salad. Don't be a stranger, Ruth.  We all love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment