Thursday, June 17, 2010

the invisible girl blogs

Wow! Where have I been?  I apologize for the mini disappearing act.  Between being sick, trying to stretch my creative muscles, and give the big old heart muscle a jump start, the days just flew by before I realized that I had not shared any tidbits of my life for well over a week.  So here is a little catch up...

First. I was sick.  It was miserable.  At least the Pacific Northwest has not figured out it is summer yet so I didn't really miss out on anything.

The most exciting thing that happened to me on my hiatus was that I learned to make cold processed soap.  My very own from scratch soap that if I don't make safely could burn my flesh off.  It was fun!  Hey, a little flesh burning threat never slowed this girl down.  The soap I learned to make is lye (the flesh burning stuff), olive oil, palm oil, and coconut oil.  That is it.  Talk about natural!  I also added a little dill weed to make it look pretty (promise, no pickle scent) and my scent of choice.  I put together my own blend of lilac and hinoki wood.  One of my fellow classmates described the scent as romantic and I think that is pretty fair description.  Here is my first baby:



My batch is now sitting on a shelf in the basement properly aging.  Yep, just like a fine wine, a fine soap must age.  Luckily I only have to wait for 20 days as opposed to the years necessary for a wine.  Or so I have been told.  It doesn't usually last that long around here.

I have also been working my little (well maybe not quite so little) butt off.  Our work is sponsoring a Biggest Loser competition at one of the local gyms just for employees.  We have workout assignments each week to get entered into a drawing and I am doing my best to get all my points in.  One week under my belt and I am having fun.  It helps to have buddies!

Oh!  I finished a couple projects somewhere in there too. 


1 comment:

  1. I love that hat it is teh awesome!! Keep up the good work with your working out!!

    ReplyDelete