Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer time

This girl is so ready for summer.  We had a really mild winter and now it seems like mother nature is playing catch up and messing with our spring and summer. It is finally starting to warm up, though it is still fairly wet around here.  Hmmm...this must be what it is like to live on the other side of the state.  I have been taking advantage of the warm sunny days that have occasionally blessed us with their presence.  In addition to evening walks and hikes with my honey I have also wisely used my lunch breaks for walks around campus.  I am wonderfully blessed to work on a campus that snuggles up next to Lake Coeur d'Alene so this is my view for the majority of my lunch walks.  Yesterday the view included some parasailers as well. 



I also spied this gorgeous Dogwood tree along my path yesterday.  It is one of my favorite flowering trees and they are always a welcome sight.



This Sunday is also the Coeur d'Alene Ironman and it is one of the qualifiers for the Hawaii Ironman so I have gotten to see the progress of the little Ironman village in the park next to the lake.  The bike corrall is probably the most impressive sight.  I have to say I have zero, and I mean zero, desire to ever to an Ironman, but I am horribly impressed with the work the participants must put into their bodies to even attempt such an event.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment