Monday, January 25, 2010

San Juan Dreams

I have wanted to go to the San Juan Islands ever since my little sis went there in high school with her choir group (remind me again why I dropped out of choir).  She came back with some of the most beautiful pictures of gardens she visited and I was in love.  Head over heals in love with the vibrant colors and the promise of being surrounded by the ocean.

We will not speak of how many years it has been since high school, but it has been more than a few and I have never made it there.  Not once.  That is about to change.  Mark and I have decided that we are going to take a week off of work this summer and take a camping trip there, splitting up our time across the three main islands.  I can not tell you how unbelievably stoked I am!  Cozy campfires, sea kayaking, orca watching, and the smell of the sea for a whole week all await me!

I know, you are probably thinking it is a bit early to be planning out summer vacation.  For goodness sake it just snowed here this morning, but I am a planner.  There, I said it.  I am a planner to the 10th degree.  Mark rarely complains, though he does not understand why I am already trying to decide which campgrounds should be graced with our presence in July. Let's face it though, he only benefits from my incessant need to plan.  I can still be spontaneous (yes, really), but I find comfort in having a framework and knowing that I can take a shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment