Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Designs and Planes and Yarn, Oh My!

As I have been holed away in Santa Clara for the last five days for Stitches West, we have some catching up to do.

First, I finished my very first design, Chained Embrace!  It is a cozy shrug made out of Cascade Venezia which is a wool and silk blend (yummy).  I will try to get the pattern written up and available soon for anyone who might want it.  I debuted it at Stitches West and received a lot of positive feedback and people wanting to know the name of the pattern.  I felt myself blush when I told them it was my own design.  How silly is that?


I left for Stitches West with the rest of the Paradise Fibers crew bright and early (and I mean BRIGHT and EARLY) Wednesday morning.  I started my October Leaves Fingerless Mitts on the plane (my first plane knitting ever).


Once we landed in Santa Clara, CA we promptly began setting up the booth (five all together) for the show.  Check out our giant Addi Turbo needles and Super Swift!



Speaking of giant...I also petted a giant skein of yarn from Coloratura Yarns.


It was a whirlwind full of yarn squeezing and throbbing feet.  I also met some fantastic people and enjoyed getting to know my LYS family a little better as well as enjoyed seeing what all the other vendors were up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment