Sunday, March 14, 2010

Simple Sunday

I love this time of year.  The sun starts making regular appearances without over heating the place.  Perfect.  At the suggetion of my honey, I spent the afternoon sitting outside knitting.  Again. Perfect.


I had to bring my tea with me, of course.  Have I told you about my new tea infuser by Tea Forte?  I LOVE it!  My handy-dandy timer had to join me for a little while as well because I am also baking a birthday cake for the lovely Kecia today.  She requested a coconut cake and I found the perfect one by Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa).  If my little sampling of the batter (yes I know it has raw eggs in it and no I don't care) is any indicator it is going to taste A-Maze-Ing. The cakes are cooling as we speak.



I took a little break to walk around the yard and see what was starting to peak out of the ground.





Unfortunately it is starting to get a bit breezy, which mean chilly, so I had to gather myself and settle back inside.  I love that it is already 5:00 p.m. and not even showing a sign of a sunset yet.  It might sting a bit to lose an hour, but I will take soaking up the sun later in the day any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment