Sunday, March 28, 2010

Liberty Lake Loop

Yesterday afternoon Mark and I (and Charlie Bear too) joined Justin, Kerri (and Porter too), and Lynette on a 7.5 mile hike that starts at Pavillion Park in Liberty Lake.  It is about a 20 minute drive from our house so not quite as handy as Beacon Hill or Dishman Hills where we usually hike, but still handy enough.  There are parts of this hike that were really quite easy, but there were also equal parts that frankly kicked my butt.  Those parts would be the approximate 2 miles of switch backs and constant hill climbing that looked like a goat trail more than a hiking trail.  I know it is good for me, but that doesn't mean I can't still say "ugh!"  It was a gorgeous hike with a waterfall about half way through the hike.  I am a sucker for waterfalls, no matter how big or small.  Here are a few highlights:





We started the hike at the edge of the lake (Liberty Lake) in this picture.  At this point we were not even to the top yet, but this was the best view.

The aforementioned waterfall.



No comments:

Post a Comment